In the summer Vaujany transforms back to its centuries old farming roots with locals going about their business, smell the beautiful meadow flowers and fresh mountain air and listen to the gentle, almost meditational clang of cow bells on the pastures above, whilst the La Fare waterfall, now set free of its frozen state, tumbles down the rock face opposite. All warmed by more than 300 days of sunshine a year; perfect for a French Alps holiday.
It is a fantastic skiing destination and holder of the prestigious Famille Plus Award, for which resort facilities and activities must be top-notch year round.
Feel at home in Vaujany, the perfect alpine mountain resort in the Oisans:
- A small friendly traditional community
- Blessed with outstanding modern facilities and infrastructure. Stroll around small,
- Safe streets to stroll around
- Four charming bars to seek out, perfect for a sunset aperitif,
- Great village restaurants
- Fantastic leisure centres including swimming pool, bowling, ice skating and gym.
With so much on offer, the question is when to do it!?
Take advantage of:
- Its super-fast and queue-less, 160 man lift for great mountain walks, mountain bike trails, swimming, climbing and fishing
- Its own long-established kids club, and fabulous local crèche for the young ones
- Simply its fantastic Vaujany weather; sun and fresh mountain air.
Each year we welcome triathletes, mountain bike enthusiasts, budding Wiggins and Froomes, painters, mountain walkers, etc. They all come seeking thrills in the heart of the French Alps, they all leave with a piece of Vaujany in their hearts.
The mountains are calling!
On its doorstep the Grande Rousses, one of the mightiest and sunniest mountain ranges of the entire French Alps (with its famous Vaujany weather of 300 days of sunshine per year) stretches out and up to the incredible pinnacle at Pic Blanc (3300m) and provides the backdrop for Vaujany’s stunning setting and the stage for some amazing summer activities.
A Peak Adventures summer holiday to Vaujany and Alpe d’ Huez, France lets you appreciate why this alpine mountain resort is simply an incredible destination with a range of activities ensuring all members of the family are guaranteed a trip to remember. Indulge yourselves with our luxurious catered or non-catered accommodation, world-class cuisine, spacious chalets, enthusiastic and well-informed staff and plenty of itineraries for memorable days out.
It has proved a winning combination for more than 20 seasons and one that ensures an extremely high guest return rate year after year.